I have to much of fresh peaches, found a good recipe in here, the cake really moist , I made some adjustment because I am trying to cut down on sugar, so I used brown sugar and a little bit of corn syrup instead, added 1/2 tsp baking soda, amazingly the cake still moist even less in sugar, I used orange juice instead of milk . one more thing I don't used mixer when I made this.
310 gm of plain four
1.5 tsp baking powder
150 gm of Castor sugar
80 gm of brown sugar
100 gm of almond ground
150 gm butter
150 gm butter
100 gm plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 lemon zest
3 tbsp of milk
1 canned of peach in syrup, drained and cubed
Some almond slices or almond nibbed
2 tbsp of Limoncino (optional)
1. Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add in yogurt and vanilla essence and mix well.
2. Add in eggs one at a time and beat well.
3. Add in sifted flour and baking powder. Add in also the ground almond. Mix it thoroughly. Add the limonciono and milk and stir well.
4. Pour half of the mixture into a lined baking tin. Top it with the cubed peaches. Pour the remaining mixture over the peaches to cover it. Smoothed the top and sprinkle with almond nibs or sliver or slices generously.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes.
6. Test with a cake tester and when it comes out clean cake is cooked.
Unmould cake and leave it to cool with the side with almonds on top.