This Sweet potato klepon taste wonderful and soft, the sugar in the middle melt in your mouth, I found the recipe from here.
(20 pieces of 20g each)150g steamed sweet potato
150g glutinous rice flour
6 tbsp water or more
1 tsp corn oilchopped pieces of gula melakafreshly grated coconut
1) Steam the sweet potato until soft.
2) In a bowl, mash the sweet potato, add in the glutinous rice flour,water and oil.
3) Knead till a smooth dough is formed. You can add more water if thedough is dry.
4) Chop gula melaka into bite size pieces.
5) Divide dough into 20g each and wrap in the gula melaka.
6) Put the wrapped balls into a big pot of boiling water.
7) Fish them out when the ball floats.
8) Toss them on to a plate filled with grated coconut and coat allaround the balls.
9) Eat them and enjoy the burst of molten gula melaka
Notes: you can add pandanpaste to make it more fragrant.Adjust water accordingly as some sweet potatoes are drier while othershave a higher level of moisture.