I made this peanut cookie, yumm, found the recipe from Florence's blog, Thanks Florence for sharing the recipe.
200g ground peanut powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100g - 150g coarsely chopped peanut bits (or more)
100g peanut oil or more/corn oil
Egg wash:1 egg yolk lightly beaten with 1 tsp water
1. Put 200g peanuts in a wok and dry fry over low heat till crunchy.
Remove the thin membrane and put into a blender and blend till powderform.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, ground peanut powder, icing sugar andsalt in a big mixing bowl till well combined. Toss in the choppedpeanut bits and mix well.
3. Add in 100g peanut oil or more and mix till a piable dough is formed.
4. Shape as you wish. For me, I use a Watson distilled water bottle cap.
5. Apply egg wash.
6. Bake on a lined tray at 165C for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
1. Don't add in all the oil in one go. If dough is too dry, you canadd more oil. If dough is too wet, you can add more flour.
2. For the shaping, you can do it in the round balls style but I don'tlike it, so I used a bottle cap instead. Put a piece of glad wrap overthe bottle cap and press in enough dough - about 9g for this Watson'scap. Lift up the glad wrap and release the shaped cookie onto thebaking tray.
3. Use corn oil if you are a "waist-watcher".
4. Use icing sugar instead of castor sugar to get a finer textured cookie.