This recipe is for keep, but next time I will change corn starch with tapioka flour, for more bouncy result. This recipe from Lily's wai sek hong blog, nice result.
2 lbs lean beef
4 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
4 tbsp cornflour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Accord
1/3 cup water
1 tsp white pepper freshly grind
1. Wash and pat dry meat, cut to smaller pieces.
2. Mince in a food processor till it becomes a paste. Add a tablespoon of water at a time, to ensure smooth blend (not to much) If food processor is not heavy duty, try divide it in 2 portion.
3. Mix other ingredients together to liquid (except pepper).
4. Transfer meat paste to cake mixer and using paddle, beat at high speed.
5. Pour liquid mixture to mince meat and beat till well blended.
6. Cover meat with clink wrapand leave in the frezzer for 30 minutes.
7. Boil lots of water in deep pot or wok. Take out meat from freezer, add pepper, stir well.
8. When the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
9. Use one hand to hold some meat , form balls by pushing through thumb and index finger. Use a wet spoon to scoop and drop it in the hot water Continue until almost full in pot/wok (leave enough room forballs to float).(Balance of meat is to be put back into freezer until ready to make into balls)10. Turn on the fire and simmer slowly. When the balls start to float, let them cook further for few more second (cooked balls should not be pink inside). Remove and let them cool in cold water.
10. Bring the water back to the boil and repeat with the remaining meat.