Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I ate Chwee kueh long time ago in Singapore, try this recipe from Florence's blog.
This kind of kueh so easy to find in every Pasar / market over there.
I tweaked the recipe, I've added 1 tbs corn flour, may be next time , I will add 1 tsp lye water.
350 g rice flour
50 g tapioca flour
10 g wheat starch/ungluten flour
400ml water(room temp)
950 ml boiling water
1 tsp salt
1. Mix all dry ingredients with room temperature water. Mix evenly.
2. Add salt to boiling water. Boil till bubbly hot. Pour this boiling water into flour mixture and stirring constantly. If mixture is watery, boil it on stove stirring all the time once it shows signs of thickening immediately remove from stove and keep stirring for 1 minute.
3. Brush metal cup or bowls with oil.
4. Stir before pouring flour mixture into each cup/bowl.
5. Steam over high heat for 10 mins.
6. Remove from metal cups/bowls and garnish with chai por topping
Chai Por Topping:
1 packet chai por
3 garlic and 1 shallot(chopped finely)
1 tsp light soya sauce
3.5 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp cooking oil
1. In a wok, add oil to stir fry garlic
2. Add chai por and rest of seasonings.
3. Fry till dark brown in colour.