The recipe from here.
I added Cherry tomatoes cut in half.
Sicilian Anchovy Pasta with Toasted Breadcrumbs
2 room temperature eggs
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1/4 - 1/2 tsp of dried chili flakes
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
8-10 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
1/2 Tbsp of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Angel hair pasta for 2 (about 200g)
Good quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
Salt for pasta water
- Poach the eggs. Place poached eggs in a bowl of cool water until needed.
Bring salted water to the boil in a large saucepan. The water to pasta ratio is 10:1.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying-pan, sweat the onions in 1/4 cup of olive oil over a medium heat. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Add the chili flakes and garlic and stir-fry for 20 seconds. Next, add the chopped anchovies and stir to combine.
- Fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and then add the chopped parsley. Stir well then remove frying-pan from heat and set aside.
- In a separate, dry toast the bread crumbs over a medium heat. Shake the pan around to toast the crumbs evenly and keep your eye on them as they burn easily. After about 30 seconds, remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil the pasta according to pasta instructions and drain.
- Transfer pasta to the frying pan with the anchovy mixture in it and toss well to coat. Sprinkle on a little sea salt and toss again.
- Remove poached eggs from water with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper towels.
- Divide pasta equally amongst two serving bowls. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle on bread crumbs and then top with a poached egg.
- Serve immediately.