I found a good recipes for Chinese hot and Sour Soup from this site, Closet Cooking.
I really like this Blog, his recipes always has a good result, never disappoint me.
Servings: makes 4 servings
- 6 dried tree ear mushrooms (also known as wood ear mushrooms)
- 6 dried black mushrooms
- 8 dried lily buds (otherwise known as golden needles)
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 ounces pork loin (optional), cooked and shredded
- 4 cups Asian chicken broth or regular chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 4 green onions sliced
- Soak the tree ear and black mushrooms in boiling water until softened, about 20 minutes, and shred them.
- Soak the lily buds in warm water until softened, about 20 minutes, and shred them.
- Cover the bamboo shoots in water, bring to a boil, drain and shred.
- Mix the vinegars, soy sauce, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix the cornstarch into the water in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork, tree ear and black mushrooms, lily buds and bamboo shoots and saute for a minute.
- Add the broth and tofu and bring to a boil.
- Add the vinegar mixture and the cornstarch mixture and stir until it thickens.
- Pour the eggs into the soup in a thin stream while stirring the soup.
- Stir in the peppers, oils and chili sauce.
- Serve garnished with green onions.