2-3 lb Pumpkin (3 Cups Water), I used a can of Pumpkin with 3 cups of water
3 Tbsp Sweet Rice Flour (¼ Cup Water) ½ tsp Salt
Rice Ball Ingredients
⅔ Cup Sweet Rice Flour
4 -5 Tbsp Water Bean
1 Can Black Beans (15 oz)
½ Cup Water
⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
2.Combine ¼ cup of water and 3 Tbsp of sweet rice flour. This will help thicken the pumpkin mixture.
3. Pour the sweet rice flour mixture into the pan. Immediately after that, quickly stir it or the
4. Meanwhile, prepare the bean topping. Drain the liquid from a can of black beans. You can use any kinds of beans, but red or black beans are the best.
5. Add ½ cup of water and ⅓ cup of brown sugar in a pan. Stir it until the sugar dissolves on medium-high.
6. Add the beans and cook for 7 minutes on high.
7. Occasionally stir them so they will not stick to the bottom or burn. After 7 minutes, most of the liquid will gone.
8 . To make the sticky rice balls, combine ⅔ cup of sweet rice flour and 4-5 Tbsp of warm water. Knead the dough for several minutes.
9. Make small balls with the dough.
10. Once it starts to boil, add the rice balls and cook for 5 more minutes on high. Keep stirring it so that the rice balls will not stick to the bottom.
11. If the rice balls are soft and chewy, they are done.
12. To serve, place a spoonful of black beans on the bottom of a serving bowl. 12. Pour some of the porridge on top of the black beans.