Monday, August 20, 2007

Anzac Biscuits

Anzac biscuits were said to originate in world war 1. They keep for a long time and therefore were able to be sent by families to Australian and New Zealand (Anzac) soldiers serving in the trenches in France and Belgium or in Turkey. Well ,enough of History lesson, back to the predict, taste good but it is not easy to shape, I found that the recipes lack of something, I found it to crumbly, the recipes originally from Australian Embassy, the Hague by Peter Stephens.Well next time I have to do some adjustment, so I search again , I found out what is wrong, the recipe that I did, the source didn't add water,next time I will add some water in it. One more thing I add some raisins, well I didn't know it is so crumbly, next time, I am not going to put raisins , so make it easier to shape.


I post the recipes in here after the adjustment.


Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour

1 cup rolled oats

3/4 cup desiccated coconut

1/2 cup brown sugar

120gr butter

2 tbs golden syrup or dutch stroop

1 tsp baking soda mix with 2 tbs hot water



Method:


-Combine butter and golden syrup in a saucepan, cook gently until the butter melt and remove from heat

-add the baking soda that already mix with water to mix melted butter

-add the dry ingredients to the mix butter and baking soda mix

-roll and flatten the cookies dough

-baked 180C about 20 minutes or until golden brown

4 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

The cookies look great and I also love the history behind them!

Everything4sweets said...

Hi Patricia , I am so glad that you like it.

Home Cooking said...

looking good biscuits, thanks for the slightly story behind the biscuits.

Everything4sweets said...

Thanks Isha, the biscuit is crumbly, but I already fix the recipe so don't worry, If you know kue sagon, this taste like it may beecause of the desicated coconut.