I made this today , yea , I did it, thanks to Florence who is so kind for sharing this full proof recipe and secret to make a wonderful Macaroons. I used Martha Stewart recipe for the Hazelnut filling. Link to Laduree (paris)
50g almond meal
6g coffee powder
65g icing sugar
45g egg white
45g castor sugar
1. Sieve and mix all ingredient in (A) well.
2. Beat egg white till white and add in sugars by thirds and beat till glossy and stiff. my egg .
Fold in almond mixture by thirds till well combined.
3. Pipe batter on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and leave enough room between each macaron for expansion.
4. Rest the piped macarons for at least 50 - 60 minutes or till dry and not sticky to touch.
5. Preheat oven at 180C for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 150C and pop the tray into the oven on the lowest rack.
Bake at 150C for 10 minutes. Frilly feet should appear here.
6. Reduce temperature to 120C and bake for 6 minutes. Finally reduce temperature to 110C and bake a further 5 minutes or till dry.
7. When out of the oven put the parchment paper with the macarons on top of a piece of very wet towel. Peel the macarons off the parchment paper and leave them on a cooling rack.
8. Sandwich the macarons with your favourite fillings.
Makes 3 cups
3 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and sugar. Set mixer bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat mixture, whisking often, until it feels warm to the touch and sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer bowl to the mixer, and fit with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until mixture is stiff and shiny, 3 to 5 minutes. Add butter, one piece at a time, and continue mixing until butter is thoroughly incorporated. The filling can be kept, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before stirring.
Variations: To make hazelnut-honey filling: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of macaroon filling with 1/3 cup finely ground hazelnuts and 2 tablespoons good-quality honey.