This a nother good recipe from kitchen corner.
Recipe for the water dough "water roux": Cook 250g water with 50g bread flour at medium low heat, keep stirring until it become thicken and no lumps left. If you've a candy thermometer, measure it until the temperature turn to 65C then turn of the heat. I didn't measure it with thermometer, so I cook it until like a baby porridge. Transfer to a clean bowl and cover with a cling wrap to avoid skin forming. The amount of water dough here would be more than a recipe required, you could store it in a the fridge for 2 days, if the color turn to dark grey, feed the bin :P OK OK don't waste it, use it for making other doughs before it turn to dark grey color OK!
Recipe for the 9 buns (approximately 60g for each dough): 210g bread flour / 56g plain flour / 20g milk powder / 42g caster sugar / half teaspoon of salt / 6g yeast / 30g beaten eggs / 85g water / 84g water dough / 22g unsalted butter
Recipe for the fillings: 70g butter / 30g sugar powder / 1/8 tsp salt / 30g beaten eggs / 1 tsp corn flour / 80g milk powder
- Put all the buns ingredients for kneading until smooth and elastic and the dough no more sticking at the side of the mixing bowl. Let it proof for 40 minutes in a clean bowl cover with cling wrap.
- For the fillings, beat the butter with sugar until light and pale. Gradually add in the beaten eggs. Mix in the corn flour and milk powder with a spatula until everything well combine. Do not over mix. Divide each dough with an ice-cream scoop and place on a plate lined with greaseproof paper. Let it chill in the fridge until needed.
- Divide the dough into even size of 9 portions and shape it into smooth ball shape. Let is rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each dough with your hand and wrap the filling into the dough. Seal it tightly.
- Prepare some water on a clean plate and place a kitchen towel on the top. Damp the surface of each dough and run the damp surface around a bowl of desiccated coconut. Place on a baking tray and let the dough proof for 40 minutes.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Enjoy