Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Variety Chiffon cake
I made Ubi chiffon cake, chocolate chiffon cake and Peanut butter chiffon cake.
Here is the recipe for ubi Chiffon cake, I found it from Yochana"s Blog.
Egg yolk Mixture:
6 egg yolks
150 gm. mashed Yam (steam and mash it)
150 gm. coconut milk or evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. salt
60 ml. cooking oil
1 tsp. Yam Paste
few drops of purple colouring
50 gm. castor sugar
180 gm. cake flour - sift
Egg white foam:
6 egg white
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
100 gm. Castor Sugar
Decoration: Cooked Yam and Black sesame seeds
(1) Mix all the egg yolk mixture together and stir till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peak form.
(3) Gently fold beaten egg white into egg yolk mixture till blended.
(4) Pour into an ungreased 23 - 25 cm. tube pan.
(5) Bake at 170C for 45 min.s or until cooked.
(6) Remove from oven, invert onto cooling rack and leave to cool completely before removing from pan.
(7) Decorate with rolled mashed yam and sesame seeds.
(8) Slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from the book:"chiffon cake is done" by Kevin Chai
The chocolate chiffon cake and peanut butter chiffon cake from youtube. and here also