Thursday, December 2, 2010
Corniest Corn Muffins
This corn muffin is really nice and moist , yumm, the recipe from here.
1 cup Plain flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
6 tbsp. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
pinch of nutmeg - grated
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup Buttermilk
You can substitute with 2/3 cup yoghurt mix with 1 cup milk. This equals one cup. Mix them together and stand for 5 mins. then weigh as requirement in your recipe.
3 tbsp. melted butter
3 tbsp. cornoil
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 cup corn kernels (add up to 1/3 more of you like)
(1) Prepare a 12 mould muffin pan.
(2) Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and grated nutmeg.
(3) In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, cornoil, egg and yolk together until well blended.
(4) Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a spatula till just blended. Batter will be lumpy and that's just the way it should be.
(5) Stir in corn kernels.
(6) Spoon batter evenly among the muffin cups.
(7) Bake for 20 mins. or until cooked.
(8) Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 mins. before carefully removing each muffin from its mould.
**Recipe adapted from the book "BAKING"