This is a healthy cookies, because using spelt flour instead regular flour, the original recipe from Angie's site
It does taste yummy, crispy at the outside and soft in the inside , the texture almost like brownies.
- 165 g Spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 180 g Dark chocolate mocha beans
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 40 g Icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 165C/330F. Line two baking trays with paper. Whisk the spelt flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Melt the Mocha chocolate beans and butter in a bowl over a small pan of simmering water until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the mocha chocolate mix and vanilla extract. Sift in the flour mixture and fold until combined. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours until firm, or up to overnight.
- Put the icing sugar in a small bowl. Shape the dough into 32 balls and roll in the icing sugar. Put them on the prepared baking trays 4-cm apart and press down lightly to flatten. Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges set. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then put on a rack to cool completely.