Friday, December 24, 2010
Durian Chiffon Cake
This is unusual I made this chiffon cake from Durian fruit for Christmas Eve , hope everyone will like it. Original recipe from here
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011
Egg Yolk Batter:
6 egg yolks
150 ml. coconut milk
4 Tbsp. Corn oil
1/4 tsp. salt
150 gm. Durian Puree
1/4 tsp. durian essence
50 gm. caster sugar
140 gm. Plain flour
Egg White Foam:
6 egg white
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
100 gm. Caster Sugar
(1) Mix all the egg yolk batter together. Stir till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg whisk till slightly forthy then gradually spoon in the sugar till finish. Whisk at high speed until forthy adn stiff peak form.
(3) Gently fold beaten egg white into egg yolk batter.
(4) Pour batter into a 22 cm. chiffon cake pan (I used 25 cm.). Bake at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
(5) Remove cake from oven and invert the pan onto a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
(6) Remove cake from pan and serve.
**Recipe adapted from the book: "Chiffon Cake is Done" by Kevin Chai