I found this recipe similar to it from Mennonite girl . I added Rhubarb pie filling, yummy.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 1 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 - 3 Tbsp cream
- Mix together dry ingredients for pastry.
- With pastry blender, blend in shortening, then stir in combined egg and cream. Stir well until it holds together.
- Pat and stretch into 9X13 or 9X9 inch greased pan. Light colored pan - preferred.
- Cover with desired fruit. Sliced apricots, peaches, apples, blueberries, cherry pie filling or chopped rhubarb - are some good options.
- Combine dry ingredients for crumb mixture. Blend in butter and cream, using pastry blender or fingers until desired crumb consistency. Cover fruit.
- Bake in the top third of oven at 350 F until golden, for 40 - 45 minutes.